Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Friday, March 4, 2011

The Gothic Boogie



By Aralis and Patty


I’m so sad and miserable

Nobody understands me

And even less people like me

So I’m gonna dress up

All in black

And sit hunched over

In the middle

Of the dance floor

Like a little cocoon

Wrapped up in my sorrows.

I can't be 100% sure, but I think the guy who inspired this poem ended up dating another one of my friends years later. He would also sit up in the cage dancer's cage looking all despondent and tragic. Like, do not look at me, I'm sad...but seriously, look at me! Pleeesee!


No comments:

Post a Comment