Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Rave

By Aralis

I was walking by
Intoxicated people
Surround me
Like a sea of
Chemicals
Writhing and wiggling
Rubbing against
Each other
Friendly junkies
Passing out masks
Full of Vic’s
Vapor Rub
What the hell?
What good can that possibly do?
Clear out your
Sinuses -maybe
Is that really
Pleasurable?
What’s next?
Chapstick? Advil?
Drinking a Slurpee
Really fast?
If you have had it
With every drug
Already that you need
To start experimenting
With Vic’s
You really need to get
A life
If Vic’s is the new
Fashionable drug
Then my grandmother
Is very hip
Maybe you have to be
On XTC to appreciate it
But I’m not about to
Spend $25 to find out.

You might ask why the illustration for this poem was a butterfly and not let's say, some vics (or as we Cubans call it, vipvaporoop) The answer is simple: I am lazy and I had butterfly clip art but not vipvaporoop clip art. I really like that word, vipvaporoop .Say it, it's fun. My friend Nora used to say it really fast to a techno beat while we sat around waiting for the people who were actually enjoying the rave to get tired and agree to go home. We learned our lesson about carpooling eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment