Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Xmas Lists

Hiroshima Club Beat Poetry Zine issue #3

Xmas issue apparently


Welcome to the holiday issue of the Hiroshima Club Beat Poetry Zine. But let us not forget what the true meaning of the season is so here are our xmas lists:

Aralis (editor, poet, queen of the universe)

I've always been partial to that queen of the universe title. I find myself randomly using it all the time.

Animaniacs watch

Got it. It was really nice too, I wonder where it went. Animaniacs was one of the best cartoons ever, I wish they would play reruns somewhere. There was this one episode called "The boids" where the Goodfeathers got jobs as extras on The Birds. Brilliant!

1959 Barbie replica with handmade outfit

I didn't get the big deluxe model with all the outfits but I did get the one that came with the black and white stripped bathing suit.

I want to be a carpenter (cassette)

Got it, and now I have it on CD which I uploaded into my iPod so I have all my bases covered. If you are keeping track, you might have noticed this was 1994 and I was still getting stuff on cassette instead of CD. I've always held on to archaic media. I had a cassette player in my car and didn't see a need to replace it. I actually didn't get a cd player until I got a car that came with one. I'm nostalgic like that.

Trent Reznor

Never did get that one. I don't think I want him anymore either. He has gotten a bit too beefy for my taste. I realize that's a bit like a homeless person complaining about the color of the walls in a free house but then again it's not like Trent is knocking on my door so it's not like that at all.

Kaleidoscope

It was a little one, on a chain. I have no idea why I wanted it so badly. It's in my storage unit somewhere.

Pinky and the Brain t-shirt

It had long sleeves and was so big I wore it as a dress. It was before the oversaturation of baby tees hit the market. I don' know what took the world so long to figure out some of us are under 6ft and weigh less than 150lbs.

Little tiny Barbie

I got a few. That is, I know I've owned little tiny Barbies at some point even though right now I have no idea whatever happened to them. Whether they were these particular little tiny Barbie I was referring to here I don't know.

Taltos by Anne Rice

It was pretty bad. How bad? One of the characters gets resurrected by breast milk, no lie. That bad. I'm not sure and I don't want to have to reread all her stuff to make sure, but this might have been the begging of the end for Anne and me.

Patent leather outfit

When I said patent leather I really meant PVC vinyl.

Same explanation as with the little tiny Barbie except I do know what happened to them. Vinyl doesn't age well. It has a tendency to fall apart and flake off and it doesn't take kindly to stretching if you gain any weight. So basically you need to replace all your fetish wear regularly.

Vinyl clothes

Same as above, but not as shiny.

Feathered boa

Boas are one of those things I always have and yet hardly ever wear.

Photocopier

Never did get it, but the internet took care of everything I needed it for so it's okay.


Patty (poet, father owns photocopy machine)

Well that explains how we printed all those copies of the zine that we gave away.

Converse (white)

Vampire books

Stuff to hold my junk

Bedspread

Purse (not brown)

Rings

Earrings

Concrete Blonde CD

Camera

CD holder

Calendar, a cool one

Chair for my desk

I have no idea if Patty got the stuff she wanted. It's up to her now to come and answer this in the comments. What I do know is that she was a lot less specific about the stuff she wanted than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment