Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Note to Wendy

By Begly


Every time I think of you, I go biggie

Every time I unwrap my hamburger, I go biggie

Every time I see your picture in my cup, I go biggie

Every time I slide a fry out of the box, I go biggie

Every time I see your father on TV, I go biggie


You ever have one of those days where you feel drunk even though you have not had any alcohol? this was one of those days. It was Begly, JC and me at Wendy's and for some reason we thought that poem was the funniest thing ever. I remember part of what made it so funny was that we intended to put the card in the suggestion box. But I had the card to xerox for the zine so I guess we never did. Maybe we wrote two of them? I remember being very exited about the staff reading this later,so I can't believe we walked away without doing it. I am sure however that we were too damn lazy to bring it back after I copied it, so I know that's not an option.


Another thing I remember about that day: JC's hamburger had too many pickles. Like 6 or 8. Something like that. None of us liked pickles so we wrapped them all in a napkin and took them to the mall and gave it to a friend of ours that was working that day. He was confused and refused to eat them.


Anyway, the point is somewhere there is a group of people who worked at a Wendy's in Miami who one day (possibly) found a strange note in their suggestion box (if we did make a copy) and they were mildly amused by it (because anything that breaks the monotony of working a minimum wage job is amusing at the time) and it would be super cool if one of them was reading this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment