Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome Santa



By Nancy

We welcome a man into our home

In the middle of the night

When we are asleep

Without our knowledge

We welcome a man

Who has a red nose and a beer belly

And a very large bag

Who breaks in by climbing

Down a chimney or

Has a master key to the door

You can’t fool my kid she

Won’t be welcoming any strange

Drunks who want to break into

Our little home in the middle of the night

On the most celebrated of all holidays.


I was going to save this post for xmas day since it's a santa related on but then I thought, god knows if I'll even remember to post that day so lets just kep going with the chronological order and get on with it.

I'm not really sure where Nancy was going with this...I think maybe she was scared drunks were gonna break into her house and be mistaken for Santa Claus? Wasn't that the storyline in Bad Santa? This was very phrophetic of Nancy I think.

That said, this one was a particularly lazy attempt at doing an illustration, wasn't it? Let's have a look:


Yes, those are gift tags. Ugly ones too. Something else I just noticed, Nancy and I have very similar handwriting. Hers is a bit rounder and mine is a bit more OCD sized, but pretty similar. I wonder if this is just what happened when you went to high school in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment