Back in the 90's, I had a hobby of following my friends around at clubs and making them write bad poetry for me. The word poetry was used very loosely. Well, completely incorrectly would be a better term since it was also used for articles, completely fabricated self-help columns and random complete and utter nonsense.
These are the results of those (often drunken) ramblings.






Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ode to Morrissey

Another ode to Morrissey that is not even remotely and ode and its not really about Morrissey either, it's about Nine Inch Nails. It's also not signed, but I think Stephanie wrote it (Stephanie, if you are out there, let me know if you did this). It is ripping off The Smiths, so there is a connection.

Ode to Morrissey
(I want to wipe my buttocks with your)
What exactly is she wiping her buttocks with? His toilet paper I hope.

I wanted to see NIN
And I didn’t get to see NIN
And heaven knows
I’m miserable now.
I wanted to see Ministry
But the show was sold out
And heaven knows
I’m miserable now
All I’ve got
Is a big bag of pain

I wonder if she ever did get to see NIN in concert. I've seen them at least 4 or 5 times. There was a time back in the early 90's were NIN was opening for everybody. I saw them open for the Ramones once. Plus I saw them headlining a couple of times too. How could anybody go regularly to concerts in the 90's and somehow manage to miss NIN? I guess I can see that happening if you were going to see like MC Hammer or something like that. I don't think I know anybody who ever went to a Hammer concert tho. Hammer is only funny in retrospect. At the time we would have died of embarrassment if any of us was caught at an MC Hammer concert.
Now tthat I think about it, I think by the time this was written, even people who liked Can't Touch This would have died of embarrassment to be caught in an MC Hammer concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment